What is Bisexuality?
- Bisexuality is a sexual orientation characterized by aesthetic attraction, romantic love and sexual desire for both males and females. It is usually contrasted with homosexuality, heterosexuality, and asexuality. [ Wikipedia ]
- Bisexuality is the potential to feel sexually attracted to and to engage in sensual or sexual relationships with people of either sex. A bisexual person may not be equally attracted to both sexes, and the degree of attraction may vary over time.
- A sexual orientation in which one feels attracted to both males and females. [ Sexual Pleasure Information Center ]
- Freud contends that all human beings are both physiologically and psychologically bisexual, although most people repress one part of their sexuality or another. [ Professor Easton - State University of New York at Geneseo ]
- Bisexuality ... a sexual orientation, as a feeling of attraction for both men and women, whether the individual is sexually active or not. [ Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance ]
Self-perception is the key to a bisexual identity. Many people engage in sexual activity with people of both sexes, yet do not identify as bisexual. Likewise, other people engage in sexual relations only with people of one sex, or do not engage in sexual activity at all, yet consider themselves bisexual. There is no behavioral "test" to determine whether or not one is bisexual.